Wednesday, October 12, 2022
7:00 PM, Eastern Time
- Called to Order at 7:06 PM. Present: Jeff C, Pete S, Greg A, Chip C, Sarah O, Kara D, Jon N, Brian K, Al P, Mike C
- Minutes approved from August (Jeff, Pete).
- Presidents Report: Update on Westacres zoning appeal intervention. A part is being fabricated to repair the lake level pump, likely not working until next season. Upper Straits is trying to install an augmentation well, we will follow this and hopefully use as a roadmap. Jeff will check with the county to find out the fund balance of the existing SAD. Would like to find a new weeding company, Jon will check with Matt U on his progress. Boat launch should now be repaired and usable at Bloomer.
- V.P. Report: Working on a new logo for new merchandise.
- Secretary Report: None
- Treasurers Report: Went over report. Received a large back dues payment from property on Detroit that sold. Legal fees are around $9300 so far this year. Still have fish stocking and website fees to go.
- Standing Committee reports
a. Social – Absent
b. Water Quality – Total Phosphorous sample was sent in. Should receive a trend report soon.
c. Ecology/Biology – Matt U – absent. Pete S – we are receiving 100 lbs of Shiners and 133 black Crappie.
d. Lake Safety – No reported trouble. Would like to get an OCSD representative to a meeting.
e. Public Relations – Having an issue with new website but should be up soon.
f. Government Relations – Discussion on Bloomer boat launch restrictions. Mike C will check on the grant that the state provided to WB when they turned the park over.
g. Associations – TBCA is eliminating social events since there are no kids that are attending. CEBIA food trucks will come through the end of October.
- New Business – None.
- Old Business – Next meeting is Nov 19 at CEBIA clubhouse – Adjourned 8:30 PM