Boat Docking Laws
Highlights of West Bloomfield Township Boat Docking
On a residentially zoned waterfront lot, an accessory boat dock shall only be permitted accessory to a one-family dwelling located on the same lot. No dock shall be permitted on a vacant lot. All docks shall comply with the following regulations:
- Watercraft moored at a permitted dock shall be registered/owned or licensed to the owner or occupant of the residential dwelling to which such dock is accessory.
- Docks shall not extend more than 50 feet beyond the water’s edge.
- Docks shall not impede upon boat traffic area of the waterway.
- Seasonal docks installed pursuant to the requirements and standards of Section 12-92(5) of the West Bloomfield Township Code of Ordinances are permitted and do not require a permit.
- Permanent docks may be installed after obtaining a use permit from the Environmental Commission provided the dock is installed pursuant to the requirements and standards of Section 12-91 of the West Bloomfield Townships Code of Ordinances.
This is a current summary of West Bloomfield Code of Ordinances – Please visit their website for more information.