MSLIA October 2021 Monthly Meeting Minutes
Wednesday, October 13, 2021
7:00 PM, Eastern Time
- Called to Order at 7:10 PM. Present: Pete S, Greg A, Chip C, Al P, Matt B, Jeff C
- Minutes were approved from September meeting.
- Presidents Report: Pete spoke with Herb Lawson of Wyndham and discussed their proposed development. They would like our support. We will discuss further under new business. Fish Farm will have Pike for stocking ready in 3 – 4 weeks.
- V.P. Report: Have lots of swag due to cancellation of summer party.
- Will order a ¼ zip fleece (maybe North Face) and full zip hoodie (maybe Carhartt)
- Secretary Report: We will put together a zoom meeting with Mr. Fisher and we will explore possible deed restrictions for Bay Pointe development to protect the lake interests. Read email from Mr. Fisher to board.
- Treasurers Report: Chip went over the report. Motion from Jeff C to move 25% of long-term asset allocation to Bond funds, approved.
- Standing Committee reports
a. Social – Looking at squares for UM/MSU 10/30. Will also do Superbowl squares again. We will try to lock in the Friday after 4 th of July for fireworks for 2022.
b. Water Quality – Need to oversee Mogle for 2022 and look for a new company for 2023
c. Ecology/Biology – Chip provided renewal dues check for $250 and Greg will mail it. Al turned in all lake water samples for testing.
d. Lake Safety – Absent.
e. Public Relations – Absent.
f. Associations – None.
- New Business – Chip attended the Commerce planning meeting for Bay Pointe and provided a written report which he will forward to Kara for placement on the website and FB. 2 plans – 206 total, 16 lakefront houses and 17 lakefront condos 106 condos total, and 100 single family, other was 164 single family homes. Not sure what that layout looks like. Discussion on what we would look for in return for our support. Would like input on deed restriction language at a
minimum. Also, need to look at lake funding since Bay Pointe is the single largest contributor.
- Old Business – Next meeting November 10, Jeff Carroll house.