MSLIA November 2021 Monthly Meeting Minutes
Wednesday, November 10, 2021
7:00 PM, Eastern Time
- Called to Order at 7:08 PM. Present: Jeff C, Greg A, Chip C, Al P, Matt B, Sarah O, Bob B.
- Minutes were approved from the October meeting.
- Presidents Report: Absent – Fish stocking looks like the weekend of Nov 20th but he will not be in town. Jeff C thinks he can be there to take delivery. Matt B will also be there.
- V.P. Report: We will have a fire sale to get rid of old merchandise at the winter party. Also will have a new hoodie with a logo on the shoulder.
- Secretary Report: Gave report of zoom meeting with Mr. Fisher and notes from the Bay Pointe/Windham meeting.
- Treasurers Report: Chip went over the report. Moved $7k from investments to pay for the deposit on fireworks. We will need to fundraise this spring. Discussion on Sheriff, raising dues. Went over the proposed budget for 2022, Greg motioned to approve, Jeff 2nd – passed unanimously.
- Standing Committee reports
a. Social – July 8 is locked in for fireworks. We will do Superbowl squares as a fundraiser again – we will sell squares for $25, 50/50 split with winners. The Winter Party is scheduled for 2/12, with 2/19 as a backup date. Need to get in touch with TBPA to coordinate. Possible fundraisers – online that is used by local athletics – they take 20% but do all the work, Yeti cooler raffle, sponsored t-shirts “Everybody vs Middle Straits” etc.
b. Water Quality – Absent but Al P will look for leads on a weed cutter for 2023.
c. Ecology/Biology – No report but we are once again members of Michigan Lakes and Streams.
d. Lake Safety – Would like to buy a couple more megaphones, Flannery would like one and need one on the north side.
e. Public Relations – Absent.
f. Associations – Sarah Obomswain is the new CEBIA president. Thinks food trucks will continue through winter. Would like to see non-riparian docks distributed equitably among all associations.
- New Business – Discussed having a lake impact study performed. We will look at options once we gather prospects. Would like to understand when Westacres is going to apply at the township for variance. We will discuss increasing dues at the March meeting.
- Old Business – Next meeting January 12, Mad Hatter. Will need some remote access for Chip.Adjourned 8:27