Wednesday, May 10, 2023
7:00 PM, Eastern Time
Multi-Lakes Conservation Club
- Called to Order at 7:05 PM. Present: Pete S, Greg A, Sarah O, Al P, Jon N, Kara D, Bob B, Mike C, Al P, Doug Browne
- Minutes approved from Apr (Bob B, Pete S).
- Presidents Report: Provided article for newsletter detailing current issues and plans.
- V.P. Report: Brought samples of hats and quarter-zip shirts and a choice of revised logos. Gathered input and will order 2 styles of hats and 1 or 2 colors for men and women in 3 sizes of shirts. Costs range from $15 to $20 for hats and $46 for shirts. We will place an initial order totaling 60 pieces for the shirts and a minimum order of hats. Initial expense of around $3,400 is expected. Will order tomorrow (5/11) with expected delivery May 24 in time for the golf outing. We will also promote at the summer meeting and in the newsletter. We will open the on-line storefront after we have sold through most of the initial inventory.
- Secretary Report: Discussion on West Acres and Winterberry St.
- Treasurers Report: Went over report.
- Standing Committee reports
a. Social – We raised approximately $2,500 from bowling event. Golf has 94 people signed up with room for more participants. We will have awards ceremony on-site after to maximize participation. There will be new games introduced throughout the round. Plan to meet with Mike C to discuss Euchre tournament in the fall.
b. Water Quality – No updates.
c. Ecology/Biology – Pete will look into fish stocking availability for this fall.
d. Lake Safety – No report.
e. Public Relations – Updated website information.
f. Government Relations – Sent email responding to a request for applications for a point-source pollution grant but have not received a response.
g. Associations – CEBIA – Putting in a new dock.
- New Business – Pete and Jeff attended the Commerce Twp Planning meeting regarding the potential purchase and development of Bay Pointe by the Chaldean Diocese. The plan is not at all developed but Commerce did ask about land for a round-about at Richardson and Union Lake and possible road widening. Greg made a motion to amend the bylaws to send to a vote at the annual meeting to raise dues to $75/ developed lakefront property, $7.50 per association member and undeveloped lot, Second by Sarah. After discussion Greg motioned to amend the motion at hand to $100 per developed lake adjacent property and other categories remaining as previously moved.
Motion carried 7 for, 0 against, 1 abstain.
- Old Business – Next meeting at Bloomer 6/2. 7/12 board meeting will be at the Caruso residence. Meeting adjourned 8:46 PM