MSLIA July 2011 Board Meeting Minutes
Tuesday, July 12, 2011
7:00 PM, Eastern Time
- Meeting called to order 7:05 PM. Present: Pete Saules, Greg Andrick, Mike Caruso, Mark Boley, Mark Menning, Linea Coles, Jeff Carroll, Mike Mankvitz
- Approved minutes of May Meeting
- Presidents Report: Main discussion for the meeting is planning for the summer party.
We will order 2 kegs. Jeff Carroll has 2 12×12 tents for the band. Linea volunteered to help with the Costco shopping: Pop, water, snacks and supplies. We should bring a container for returnables. We will sell 50/50 tickets. Jim D was approved for the margarita ball.
- V.P. Report: Absent (arrived late).
- Treasurers Report: Absent.
- Secretary’s Report: Need to double check that all board members are receiving emails, especially Mike Caruso and Jeff Carroll.
- Standing Committee reports
a. Social -Covered in President’s report.
b. Water Quality – Weed harvest coming up in 2 weeks. Imlay City Fish Farm has 250 Pike 12 – 15″ ready for October planting. Will follow up with DNR to ensure permits are all set. Also will follow up with Oakland County Road Commission on the drain sump cleaning.
c. Ecology/Biology – Absent.
d. Lake safety – Absent.
e. Government Relations – Will try to investigate charitable status for gaming license purposes.
f. Public Relations – Ready to assist.
- New Business: Westacres has their 75th anniversary Aquacade last weekend in July through the first weekend in August.
- Old Business – Motion to Adjourn 8:45