MSLIA February 2023 Monthly Meeting Minutes
Wednesday, February 8, 2023
7:00 PM, Eastern Time
- Called to Order at 7:12 PM. Present: Jeff C, Pete S, Greg A, Bob B, Sarah O, Matt B, Matt U, Al P, Jon N
- Minutes approved from November (Matt B, Jeff C).
- Presidents Report: Met with John Levison of Lower Straits regarding water levels and pump issue. Trying to get full accounting of annual assessment collected by the county for lake levels. Augmentation well is an active discussion and we are waiting to see how the Upper Straits case works out. The Chaldean diocese appears to have signed a purchase agreement for the Commerce Twp portion of Bay Pointe. The reply brief is due from Westacres on Feb 15.
- V.P. Report: New logo is in process and hope to have something for the 3/11 bowling fundraiser.
- Secretary Report: Gave check to Matt B $255.13. Will send out another email to promote bowling event. 10 squares left for Superbowl were purchased by Matt U and Jon N.
- Treasurers Report: Went over report.
- Standing Committee reports
a. Social – Golf is 5/25 and bowling 3/11.
b. Water Quality – Lake level very low. Signing us up for Phosphorous and water clarity monitoring through CLMP.
c. Ecology/Biology – Matt U – Mike Mogle is locked in for weed harvesting. Oakland Harvesting has purchased Mogle’s company.
d. Lake Safety – No report.
e. Public Relations – No Report
f. Government Relations – No report.
g. Associations – No reports.
- New Business – Pete volunteered to contact the Chaldean diocese to discuss their plans for Bay Pointe.
- Old Business – Next meeting is March 8 at Multi-Lakes CC – Adjourned 8:00pm.