Wednesday, August 9, 2023
7:00 PM, Eastern Time
- Called to Order at 7:04 PM. Present: Chip C, Jeff C, Greg A, Matt U, Sarah O, Kara D, Al P,
Jon N, Bob B, Pete S
- Minutes approved from July (Jeff C, Chip C).
- Presidents Report: Left message for Arkan Jonna related to future plans and illegal tree cutting on Bay Pointe property. Still no update on pump repair, should be done this week. Had a member drop off a check for $2,000 in response to having a lien filed. Discussion on a policy
to accommodate this.
Motion: After a lien is filed if a member wants to pay it off prior to sale or transfer of property we will accept double the principal debt plus $100 for filing fees, and then as long as the member makes their following year dues payment prior to April 15th we will release the lien and forgive the balance of penalties. If the member wishes to have the lien released prior to this, they will need to contact the board and we will look at it on a case-by-case basis. (Greg A, Jeff 2nd ) Passed 8-0-2
- Vice President: Working on last month’s items.
- Secretary Report: Waiting for info from Treasurer on lake level control assessments. Beacon published the dues increase.
- Treasurers Report: Went over report.
- Standing Committee reports
a. Social – Summer party is set for 8/26 in the bay, we will have cans of beer, hard seltzer
and possibly pizza. Jeff volunteered his pontoon to host the coolers and food. No update on other possible fundraisers including euchre tournament.
b. Water Quality – No report
c. Ecology/Biology – Matt needs contact info for Mrs. Jennens, Greg provided email and Jeff provided phone number. Looking into weeding for next year – got quote from Mogle at 10% increase and extra day will be about $12,500.
d. Lake Safety – No report
e. Public Relations – Chip will look for 2020 Annual minutes and 2020 newsletter.
f. Government Relations – no report.
g. Associations – CEBIA – No report.
- New Business – Fish stock looks like perch and shiners
- Old Business – Next meeting Jon Nemeth. Meeting adjourned 8:07 PM