Wednesday, August 12, 2020
7:00 PM, Eastern Time
- Called to Order at 7:09 PM. Present: Pete S, Greg A, Chip C, Jeff C, Kara D
- Minutes were read and approved from the July meeting.
- Presidents Report: The pump is currently off. Last Friday OC turned the pump off due to low water in the Huron river. Someone cut the lock and it turned it back on over the weekend, it may have burned up the motor, we should learn on Friday if it is OK. The fishing tournament is coming up on 9/19. Lakeland Estates may want to put in a dock. We will need to monitor, they asked for this previously and West Bloomfield denied them. Discussed local food truck offerings at CEBIA and Twin Beach Park. Our weed harvester told us he will need to raise rates next year. We need to investigate new companies and decide by October. Mr. Ketchum at West Bloomfield Parks and Rec allowed our current company to park and stage equipment at the lot across from Bloomer which was very helpful. West Acres had been invited specially to attend tonight’s meeting and once again declined. We have determined that they are not interested in putting forth a good faith effort and discussing their process for assigning boat slips, or the number of slips assigned. Kara agreed to follow up with code enforcement officer Beauchamp.
- V.P. Report: Absent.
- Secretary Report: No report.
- Treasurers Report: Went over report. It was mentioned that our old treasurer Jim Dutton will be moving. Pete suggested that we put something together for him to thank him for his service to MSLIA.
- Standing Committee reports
a. Social – No summer party this year. Had a fireworks committee meeting. We will add a donation box to next year’s dues invoice. Have $3K for fireworks. Matt Ureste, Lori Bott and Val Moriarti are all working on the committee. Motion was made by Matt, seconded by Greg that MSLIA commits to putting on a fireworks display in 2021.Passed unanimously.
b. Water Quality/Ecology – Al Proulx is now in charge of the recombined committee. Will begin investigating weeding companies.
c. Lake safety – absent – Need new Lake Safety person.
d. Public Relations – Added food truck schedules to our FB page.
e. Associations – None. Westacres was invited, agreed to come, and then declined. Clearly, they have an issue with MSLIA. It was noted that the best course of action is always dialogue and discourse. It appears that Scott Donegan is not acting with Westacres approval or authority.
- New Business – Discussed the buoy request made by Jodi Warner and Cathy Gallant. We will continue to research other options. A buoy is a last resort as it will create a choke point and could then cause the east bay to become more stagnant and create a worse weed problem for those residents.
- Old Business – Adjourned 8:30 pm – next meeting September 16h – Location Chip’s house.