Friday, June 3, 2022
7:00 PM, Eastern Time
- Meeting called to order 7:07 PM.
- Greg read minutes of 2021 meeting. Art Jalkanen motioned to approve, Kathy Jennens 2 nd .
Minutes were approved.
- Presidents Report: Welcomed attendees. Gave a history of his tenure as a board member
starting in 2004 and then taking over as President for a 3 year term that kept getting extended.
He has decided to step down as President but will remain active on the board. Discussed boat
docking, Bay Pointe sale, fireworks, lake water levels and fish stocking. Introduced boar
- Vice President Report: Have new transfer decals for boats. Looking for a new t-shirt design by
the 6/25 summer party. This fall will do a Carhartt sweatshirt and hockey jerseys. Can get
anything embroidered that people want. Willing to be elected as President.
- Treasurers Report: Chip provided overview of the current finances, discussed the prior balance
collection effort and the 2022 budget. We have continued to make inroads on past-due
collections and will be filing liens this year for those that are seriously delinquent. Letters went
out to those properties earlier this year. Went over the various fund raising efforts for the
fireworks including the football squares, bowling and golf outing.
- Secretary’s Report: Went over activity. Asked people to actively solicit email addresses from
their neighbors so we can move to all digital communications.
- Standing Committee and Association reports
a. Social – Boat parade 7/4 at 8:30p.m. There will be a prize for best decorated boat.
Thanked Doug Browne for his continued support as lead sponsor of the golf outing
which was huge success. Summer party is June 25 th at 1pm.
b. Water Quality – Cody Kurzer – Absent. Pete gave report: weed harvesting scheduled
for 2 nd week in July, boat launch has an issue and will need to be repaired again in early
July. Discussion was had about street runoff, drains and algae. Advised concerned
homeowners that the Road commission is responsible for maintaining the drainage
sumps and to contact them with issues.
c. Ecology/Biology – Al Proulx – Absent. We are enrolled in CLMP again this year and are
submitting phosphorous samples and taking clarity readings via Secchi disk.
d. Government Relations – Mike Caruso – absent.
e. Public Relations – Kara Dunn – Redesigned the website. Has been taking care of the
Facebook page and has done lots of research regarding the boat docking issue.
f. Lake safety – Bob Barbour – advised people to call the Sheriff if they unsafe boating..
g. CEBIA – Sarah O promoted their garage sale and a summer party scheduled for 7/23
that everyone may purchase tickets for. Food trucks are every Thursday from 4:30 –
7:30 in their overflow parking lot on Maple.
h. Twin Beach Park is having several fundraisers and selling sweatshirts to raise money to
finish their clubhouse.
- New Business – Art Jalkanen gave an overview of the Westacres boat dock issue, the recent
ZBA re-filing. Discussed options for trying to negotiate an equitable number of boats but far
fewer that Westacres appears willing to concede to. Fireworks will be launched on July 8th at
- Old Business – Greg Andrick motioned to adjourn, Art J seconded. Meeting adjourned 8:17