Friday, June 4, 2010
7:00 PM, Eastern Time
Twin Beach Elementary School
- Meeting called to order 7:16 PM. Present: Greg Andrick, Margaret Andrick, Debbie Dutton, John Bremner, Terri Menning, Mark Menning, Karen Saules, Jeff Carroll, Mark Boley, Kimm Dobson-Nesti, Carim Calkins.
- Greg read minutes of previous meeting, Margaret motioned to approve, Mark M 2nd, approved with no corrections.
- Presidents Report: Jeff Carroll presented presidents report. Recap of previous year: Summer party was a huge success with $400 raffle income and 2 marinas participated. Winter party raised $80 and Mr. Mann donated his $80 winnings back to the association. Currently there is no development scheduled at Bay Pointe. We met with Oak Management and they committed to keep the golf course and paid ½ of their back dues. Hung filmed on the lake again and will be back week. They donated $1000 to the lake, they would like our tax-id.
- Treasurers Report: Handed out 2009 end of year report and YTD financial report. Treasurer was absent but provided reports.
- Secretary’s Report: Provided updates on website and email requests.
- Standing Committee reports
a. Social – 8/11 is the summer party schedule for this year.
b. Water Quality – Weed harvest scheduled for 3rd week of July. Fish stocking will take place in October. Waiting for permits for 1,200 Redear sunfish.
c. Ecology/Biology – Lake is clean with Secchi disk readings of 16-18′ 22′ was max. Working on run-off issues at Stony Beach and seawall at Bay Pointe.
d. Lake safety – Mr. Mann talked about self-policing.
- New Business:
a. West Acres getting permits to remove dead trees and install rip-rap. They have lost about 5′ of lakeshore in the last year.
b. Tripps – working on boat launch.
c. Request was made to send a note to organizations on the lake to ask that people not anchor or stop in the narrowest part of the lake.
- Board Elections: Board was unanimously re-elected as it stands
- Old Business – Discussion on there being no Sheriff on the lake. It was generally perceived as posite. Motion to Adjourn 7:52 By Mark M, seconded. Next year annual meeting will NOT be at Twin Beach Elementary.