MSLIA BOARD MEETING
Tuesday, January 10, 2012
7:00 PM, Eastern Time
- Meeting called to order 7:09 PM. Present: Jim Mann, Linea Coles, Pete Saules, Greg Andrick, Carim Calkins, Bob Barbour, Mark Boley, Mark Menning, Mike Caruso, Jeff Carroll
- Approved minutes of November Meeting.
- Presidents Report: Need Secretary to check on corporate standing at State of Michigan. Need Winter Party date (decided on 2/18/12). Jeff will coordinate date with Twin Beach Park. Jeff will select 2-3 styles and sizes of fleeces/jackets and will have order form at party. Mark Menning will remain on MSLIA board after present term as West Acres President as board member Emeritus.
- V.P. Report: Contained in President’s report.
- Treasurers Report: Provided report. Transferred Latin fund balance to bonds. Started year with $8191 and ended $6503. Have $5487 in checking.
- Secretary’s Report: Discussion about 2012 QuickBooks, invoicing, mailbox and weed harvest.
- Standing Committee reports
Social – Kimberly Ellis is new Twin Beach Social Chair. Jeff has her phone number.
b. Water Quality – Got new pricing from weed harvesting company. Trying to secure late July, early August for 2012.
c. Ecology/Biology – Water clarity is down over last 2 years. This may slow algae and weed growth as less sunlight will penetrate the water. Carim would like someone who catches a Redear to cut it open and examine it’s stomach contents. Received a report, but forgot to bring it to meeting. Will copy to PDF file and forward.
d. Lake safety – The lake, due to abnormally warm conditions (not necessarily man-made global warming though) is NOT-safe!
e. Public Relations – Discussion on letter to include with invoices.
f. Government Relations: Need to contact Road Commission for Oakland County and Michigan Department of Transportation to determine what plans are for expansion of Union Lake Road. Discussion about linking lakes. Best option is Lower due to compatible legal levels.
- New Business: Next meeting at Jeff Carroll’s newly completed lower level Feb 14, 2012.
- Old Business –Motion to Adjourn 8:47