Not all events are sponsored by
- Winter Party - Saturday, February 13th at 1 PM at Twin Beach - There will not be a chili cook off this year
- Annual Meeting Friday, June 4th – 7 PM – At Bloomer Park
- Boat Parade - Sunday, July 4th
- Fireworks - Friday, July 9th at the east side of the lake
- Weed harvesting is normally scheduled for the 3rd week in July - We kindly ask everyone to pull in their floating swim platforms to make navigation easier weed cutters. - TBD
- Summer Party - TBD
- Boat Rally - TBD
- Bay Pointe Update - Bay Pointe has been listed for sale again.
- Dues Invoices -
You should have received your annual dues invoice shortly after the first of the year. The board wants to thank everyone who pays their dues in a timely manner. MSLIA dues are not discretionary and are payable by all lakefront and unimpeded lake view lots as provided by P.A. 129 under which the MSLIA is incorporated. We use the funds to further the health and safety of the lake for all, including fish stocking, water quality monitoring, invasive weed control and emergency response in the event of an environmental issue. ATTENTION: There is an added line located on your dues this year for donations towards the 2021 Middle Straits Lake Fireworks.
- Westacres has filed the request for a MARINA PERMIT. The applicant proposes to install 28-2 boat docks approximately 60 feet long by 4 foot wide, three cluster docks that will provide up to 8 boats slips each and the installation of up to 6 boat hoists, for a total of 80 boat slips. There are two launch docks for day-launching of small vessels at the existing unimproved boat ramp located in the east dock area. Those persons wanting to make comments on the proposed project must have their written comments in no later than 20 DAYS from 5/4/2021. The entire copy of the public notice package may be viewed at the WRD's district office listed on the top of this public notice or online at: https://miwaters.deq.state.mi.us/miwaters/#/external/publicnotice/search To access the public notice page online, search for the public notice by location or applicant name, and view by clicking on the "Documents" tab. Comments may be sent electronically by clicking on the "Add Comment" tab. A hard copy of the public notice may be requested by calling the above number.
Unless a written request is filed with EGLE within the 20-day public comment period, EGLE may make a decision on the application without a public hearing.
It is important to get your written comments in.
Congratulations to last year’s winner of the 4th of July boat decorating: Diane Peurach
Click here to request more information.